There have been many changes in health care recently. Some of those changes affect how we take care of ourselves, how we choose a physician and even how we choose a healthcare facility.
Firelands 55+ Club was formed to help our guests ages 55 and older to better understand and cope with these changes. This free program offers many services and important information.
- Free Billing Hotline: Our patient account experts will answer your questions about insurance and hospital billing. Call 419.557.7464 for assistance.
- Free Transportation Service: For patients living in the city of Sandusky and the surrounding townships who need the services of the hospital, Firelands offers free transportation. Please call 419.557.7052 at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment time to schedule your ride. We ask that no gratuities be given to our drivers.
- Health Screenings: Free blood pressure and blood sugar screenings are offered the first Wednesday of every month at the morning coffee health screening. This event is held at the south campus community resource room from 8:00 to 10:00 am. Total cholesterol testing and lipid profiles are offered at a minimal fee. Call 419.557.7410 for additional information.
- Free Information and Referral Service: Call the Firelands 55+ Club office for information on community agencies providing a variety of resources.
- Special Programs and Seminars for 55+: Informative programs addressing timely issues are offered throughout the year.
- Special Social Events: Firelands 55+ Club sponsors a number of social events, including tours to area attractions, extended tours (domestic and international), and parties and luncheons.
- Feel Better With Firelands: This quarterly magazine features an information section exclusively for 55+ Club members.
- Discounts: A 10 percent discount in the hospital's gift shop and a complimentary fountain drink or coffee with a $4 purchase in the hospital cafeteria. Call 419.557.7722 for more information.
The popular Firelands 55+ Club tours are a wonderful way to travel our country, both near and far, as well as see the historic cities and towns of our ancestors across the sea. Trips are open to members, nonmembers and travelers of all ages. Call 419.557.7722 for information about upcoming travel presentations and travel opportunities.