Firelands Regional Medical Center provides a wide range of imaging services. All services are provided at the main campus and many of the procedures can also be scheduled at Firelands Regional Medical Center imaging services, located at 2500 W. Strub Road, Suite 130, Sandusky. Ask about location availability when scheduling your appointment.
Additionally, Firelands Regional Medical Center has a Center for Breast Care at its main campus where digital mammography, DEXA, and select ultrasound studies are performed.
Some additional facts:
- A physician's order is needed for all imaging procedures (except screening mammograms), and in some cases, pretest preparations are required.
- Firelands Regional Medical Center’s imaging services are accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- The Firelands main campus is the area’s only Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
- Self-referrals are accepted (no order needed) for screening mammograms. You must be 35 years of age or older, have no personal history of breast cancer and have no breast complaints. You can schedule a mammogram at either facility. Self-referral mammograms are done at main campus only.
- Breast MRI—provided only at 1111 Hayes Ave. location.
- CT scanning
- Catheter angiography—provided only at 1111 Hayes Ave. location.
- DEXA (bone densitometry)
- Diagnostic imaging (x-ray)—also available in Vermilion at 1605 State Route 60, Vermilion, which is located in the Vineyard Square Plaza. Also available in Clyde at 1470 W. McPherson Hwy, Clyde.
- Digital mammography
- MRI—open MRI performed only at 2500 West Strub Road location. Due to technical considerations, many studies cannot be done on open MRI.
- Nuclear medicine
- Positron emission tomography (PET) and computed tomography (CT)—provided only at 1111 Hayes Ave. location.
- Biopsy procedures—provided only at 703 Tyler St., Suite 152, location.
- Ultrasound (including breast ultrasound)
- Vascular ultrasound
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Once your appointment is scheduled and you are ready for your visit, please bring your current insurance card(s) and the order from your physician, if one was given to you. Many offices will fax the order to us for your convenience.